Answered By: Ask-a-Librarian Last Updated: Aug 09, 2017 Views: 417
If you sign up for Email Notification, you will be notified as follows:
- 3 days before and again 1 day before your checked-out items are due;
- when your holds are available at your pickup location;
- when an item you have checked out is 1 day, 10 days, and 21 days overdue; and
- one month before the expiration date of your library card.
Email Notification has advantages over our notices mailed through the U.S. Postal Service:
- It's faster.
- It's less expensive for MCPL so we can put our resources towards materials and other library priorities.
- It helps you avoid library fines and fees. We do not mail paper notices reminding you of due dates or library card expiration. The only mailed notices are for materials that are already overdue by 21 days and for hold availability.
- It's environmentally friendly.
Email Notification replaces paper notices. You cannot sign up for both. If you do not check your email regularly, this service may not be right for you.
All library notices are emailed from sirsi@MDPL.sirsi.net, and the subject line will read “Library Notice.”
MCPL cannot be responsible for customers not receiving email notices. Checking your account online is the best way to ensure that you see your due dates and the status of your holds. If you are not receiving email notices, please check your spam folder to be sure they are not being routed there. If you are not consistently receiving our email, please call 240-777-0001 to report a problem. Occasionally, our servers may have problems.
To sign up for email notices, you will need your library card number and PIN.
- You will receive a confirmation to the email address you gave us within 48 hours.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email within 48 hours, there may have been an error in your address or card number. Please try registering again or call Ask-a-Librarian at 240-777-0001.
- If you want email notification for more than one library card account to be sent to the same email address, you must reply to each confirmation message to complete the registration process for all accounts. For example, if you are setting up email notification for your two children and yourself, you will receive three confirmation messages.
Now you're ready to . . . Sign up for email notification.