Why has MCPL released a new catalog interface? What are its features?
Montgomery County Public Libraries released a new catalog interface on December 12, 2012, to provide customers better results when searching for library materials.
We implemented the Enterprise interface in response to customer feedback regarding MCPL’s library catalog.
Catalog users will see these improvements with Enterprise:
• Better search results and more intuitive searching.
• Filters for narrowing search results by facets -- such as author, format, audience, language, publication date, availability or holding library.
• Instant actions from the search results: Users can select one or many titles at once to put on hold, to save to a list, to text, to email, or to share.
• “Did you mean?” suggestions for misspelled queries or typos.
• An attractive and more modern look.
• The ability for users to create and save their own lists of titles when logged in to their accounts.
• The ability to search the library catalog directly from MCPL’s Facebook page.
And, if you are attached to the view of our holdings through our "classic catalog," have no fear. It will still be available.