How does the self-service Automated Telephone Renewal system work?
Call 240-777-0007. It is available 24 hours a day.
Have your library card number and the library materials you would like to renew at hand.
If this is the first time you are calling, please listen to the information provided on the welcome message. To bypass the welcome message and go to the next set of instructions, you can press 1 at any time.
The menu options are:
- Press 1 to renew materials
- Press 2 to hear a list of overdue materials
- Press 3 to hear a list of available holds
- Press 4 to hear information about fines and bills
- Press 5 to hear a list of items checked out with due dates
- Press 8 to repeat the menu, or
- Press 9 to return to the welcoming menu
If you press 1 to renew materials, you will be given three options for renewing:
- Renew all materials
- Renew by selected barcode number and
- Renew by selected title
The system will NOT provide a new date for each renewal. If you want to find out what the new due dates for your renewals are, press five after you finish renewing to listen to a list of your current checkout.