How do I return downloadable e-books and audiobooks? Can they be returned early before they expire?
You don't have to return the downloadable titles. Your access to them will expire at the end of the lending period. There are never any fines associated with them.
However, sometimes people want to return them before they expire in order to download new titles or to make the titles available for other borrowers. Here are instructions for early returns:
Maryland Digital eLibrary/OverDrive E-Books:
- How to return Kindle e-books early.
- How to return OverDrive PDF and EPUB e-books early using Adobe Digital Editions.
- How to return EPUB ebooks from mobile devices.
- Open PDF e-books cannot be returned early. You may wish to choose the shortest loan period for these titles, which is 7 days.
Maryland Digital eLibrary Audiobooks:
- How to return using Windows (desktop)
- How to return using Windows 8
- How to return using Android
- How to return using Chromebook
- How to return using iOS (iPhone, iPad,iPod Touch)
- How to return using Windows Phone
- In the OneClickdigital Media Manager, go to the “My Titles” page and click the “X” in the upper right corner of the titles card. In the OneClickdigital Media Manager click the “Return” button under the title information.